Today’s review is about the Fixed Gear Single-Speed Urban Fixie Road Bike by Pure Fix Cycles and here I will try to provide you with all the information I believe you need to know about this fixie road bike before you decide to buy it or not.
Please remember that this post is only a review about the Road Bike. If you try to find deals and discounts for this road bike online then you can Click Here to get the Pure Fix Cycles Fixie at a great discounted rate today…
Short Description About Road Bike
Because of its simplicity, riding a fixie has been growing in popularity. Why ride a fixie? A fixie, or fixed gear bike, is significantly lighter, has better maneuverability and more mechanically efficient. If you’re ready to buy a fixie, consider getting the Fixed Gear Single-Speed Urban Fixie Road Bike by Pure Fix Cycles.
Related: Avenir Mountain Bike Unicycle Review
This fixie model is equipped with a frame and straight fork that are created using hard-wearing high tensile steel. Its Neco threadless headset clasps Zoom Risers steel handlebars complete with ultra soft, smooth and comfortable Oury Grips (Made in USA) attached to a Promax stem.
This comes with a standard Vader Performance seat and its flip-flop rear wheel hub allows you to switch from fixed gear to single-speed without any problem. Its radius alloy front brake stops on a dime and can be conveniently detached. In addition, the Kenda Kwest 700ccx28 tires offer a smooth and more controlled ride.
Other features to be expected with the Road Bike are Presta 60mm valves, Lasco 3-piece sealed bearing crank set, Pure Fix Lasered KT Quandos hubs, and Wellgo pedals and cages.
Depending on the size, this weighs between 22 and 24 pounds.
Other Important Details
Shipping Weight: 40 pounds
Average Score: 4.3/5
Percentage Of Reviews That Are Positive: 90%
3 Useful Reviews From Other Users:
Durable and Fun Bike
I got this bike four days ago, and I’ve already put around 40 miles on it. This bike is very sturdy and built with such quality products…
Outstanding bike! Love the fixie!
Wonderful riding now! I picked up this bike due to its simplicity. I have a 24-speed road bike and riding around the neighborhood with my three young boys, it seemed…
I love this bike
I love this bike. It’s minimalist and gorgeous. I really wanted the Papa as gray/orange are one of my favorite color schemes (I also secretly hope for a gray/purple scheme with… Read more
The Pros And Cons Of The Fixed Gear Single-Speed Urban Fixie Road Bike
- This bike is incredibly light in weight and relatively easy to store.
- It offers a smooth and fun ride, especially if you try riding it on fixed gear.
- It is relatively easy to assemble right out of the box (if you have access to the right tools).
- This is an ideal option for people who are pretty short, like around 5’11” and below in height.
- The bike looks really gorgeous and the parts seem to be well made.
- This is generally a stable fixie bike once you tune it properly.
- The price is reasonable and manageable.
- If you plan to switch to the fixed gear, know that it may take a couple of days of practice before you’ll finally feel comfortable and enjoy the ride.
- The tires are not the best out there. Some reports say they easily pop off the trim.
- The seat is not a complete pain in the neck, but it’s not the most comfortable seat either. This makes it not good bike for senior citizen.
Once you have every component of this bike fine tuned (or replaced if you want), the Bike by Pure Fix Cycles proves to be a great value for the money. We definitely recommend this to beginners or daily bike commuters who are looking for a quality product that costs under $400.
It is true that this model has some flaws, such as average quality tires and a seat that can be a bit uncomfortable for some, however, all in all, we think that the Fixed Gear Single-Speed Urban Fixie Road Bike can be a great choice to anyone who wants a sturdy, lightweight and attractive-looking fixed gear bike at a very affordable price.