The cookies will need only need 10 minutes to bake after freezing the dough, those who are not conversant with the process might take a few minutes more. However, the experience is worth it and within a short time, the process will be a thrill and you can alternate various ingredients for other flavors.
- ½ cup of granulated sugar
- ½ cup of brown sugar (preferably the packed type)
- ¼ – ½ cups of peanut butter
- ½ cup of shortening
- ¼ cup of softened margarine or butter
- 1 egg
- 1¼ cups of all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoonful of baking soda
- ½ teaspoonful of baking powder
- ½ teaspoonful of salt
Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories: 110
- Calories from Fat: 55
- Total Fat: 6 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Cholesterol: 5 mg
- Sodium: 100 mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 12 g
- Dietary Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 2 g
- Vitamin A: 2%
- Vitamin C: 0%
- Calcium: 0%
- Iron: 2%
Note that the % Daily Values are calculated on a 2,000 calorie diet.
- Into a large bowl, add peanut butter and sugars while stirring carefully to get a uniform mixture.
- Pour shortening, egg, and butter and continue stirring until the paste becomes smooth.
- Cover the bowl with a lid and place in the refrigerator for about 2 to 2½ hours. This will make the dough to firm and become ready for your cooking.
- Heat the oven to about 375 degrees F. This is the recommended temperature for preparing cookies.
- Shape your dough into 1¼ or 1½ inches balls and then place them about 2½ – 3 inches from each other on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- To get the patterned rough appearance, flatten using a fork in a crisscrossing manner. Make sure to dip the fork into sugar.
- Bake for about 9-11 minutes or follow carefully until all the cookies are light golden brown.
- Cool for about five minutes before removing from the cookie sheet and serve when hot.
- If you have excess Peanut butter cookies, pack them well, and store them in a refrigerator to use later.
Peanut butter cookies have become the ultimate preference for people who want to enjoy breakfast and event meals with a difference. They are easy to prepare, serve and everybody is sure of enjoying their yumminess. By following this Peanut butter cookie recipe, one can be sure that kids, workplace colleagues, or guests at a party will keep asking for more. Have the manual by your side or master the process to prepare the cookies every day or bake enough and refrigerate them.